Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Glorify God in Your Body

Wow!  It appears that I have sorely neglected this blog during the past year!  O well, it's a new year with lots of possibilities!

I gave up making new year's resolutions years ago, but I do like to choose a verse for the year.  It helps me to stay focused on things I need to change, improve on, or internalize in my life.  For 2013 I've chosen I Corinthians 6:19, 20:  "Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."  Glorify God in your body and in your spirit!!  I wonder what that will look like for me in 2013?   It might mean losing some weight (always a good idea) or getting my blood sugar under control or letting the gray take over my hair (embracing my age!)  It might mean spending more time alone with God, praising Him, or bearing more fruit:  more love, more joy, more kindness!  Can't wait to see what God has planned for me in 2013 as I glorify God in my body and in my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment